CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and gone again this year. Is it just me or does it seem to go by faster every year? We had a wonderful Christmas or should I say a wonderful 6 Christmas's. Yes, you read right. I have to be honest; as wonderful as it was to get to see everyone I am so glad it is over. It is not easy traveling back and forth with an infant. Next year will be much easier.

We started our celebration the weekend before at Grandad and Ann's house in Kemp. Grandad's brother, Scotty, joined us this year. It was nice to see Randy and Emmy. Emmy was in wonderful spirits, having just started her chemotherapy the day before. Of course, my dad and Joy were there and Tami and Health made it in from Houston just as we all sat down for our traditional lobster dinner. Yummy! I can't believe I did not take any pictures. I love taking pictures of food.

After filling our bellies with food and wine we drove to Dad's house to open presents. It was a little rushed but after all it was late and I had to get the kids to bed. Dad ended up getting me a Belgian waffle maker. I took that as a hint that he would like his back!

We spent the night at Maw Maw's and had Christmas with my mom, Tommy, Maw Maw, Tami and Heath the next day.

Despite the fact that it was snowing and the weather reports were not very promising for the Denton area, on Christmas Eve we loaded up again and drove to Kaufman to see more of my family. We met everyone at the Catholic church's center in Terrell were we mingled with family we have not seen in a year, ate, drank and ate some more. We didn't stay too long because I was anxious to get back home due to the weather. It took us two hours to get home (it normally takes only an hour) and two crying kids nearly the entire way!
The week before Christmas, Dylan and I made reindeer cookies. She is very proud of hers!




Christmas day we were able to spend at home. My mom and Maw Maw came over to hang out and bring food. It was a very nice relaxing day.




Abe and Dylan played in the snow Christmas morning.





The next day we traveled once again to Kaufman to see Abe's family. We hung out most of the day with them, spent the night and had our official Christmas celebration with all the Rodriguez's on Sunday morning. David cooked omelets. Raquel coordinated a "white elephant" gift exchange for the kids. It has been so much fun watching this family grow. When Abe and I first started dating there were no grandkids. Now there are 15!
And that brought our Christmas festivities to an end. What a busy fun filled year. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families.

0 comments: